to main content
Go to quick links
Go to quick search
Go to navigation for this section of the ToL site
Go to detailed links for the ToL site
go to top
go to top
Technical Tips and Guidelines
treehouse builders toolkit
- System Requirements for Building Treehouses
- Find out the system and browser requirements for building treehouses.
- Text and Media Design Standards
- Learn about standard ToL treehouse page elements, text styles and requirements for media files.
- Copyright Issues
- This page will help you follow and understand copyright guidelines for text, images and other media that you will use in your treehouse. You will also learn about your own role as a copyright holder.
- Multimedia Reference
- Get assistance with learning how to create digital media (audio, images and movies).
- All The HTML You Need and only if you want to use it
- You don't have to write your own HTML but if you would like to, see All The HTML You Need. Web pages are created using a code called HTML (HyperText Markup Language). Visitors to the WWW do not see the HTML code unless they choose to "view source" from their web browser's menu. The ToL Easy Editor provides what is called a web editor so that you can add text and media to your treehouse without writing HTML code. However, if you are interested in web design it is very useful to know the basics of HTML. Also, HTML editors (like the ToL Easy Editor) are fantastic tools for creating web pages, but troubleshooting problems often takes looking at and changing the source HTML code.
- How to Copy and Paste Text into the Treehouse Editor
- Treehouse Building F.A.Q.
- Frequently asked questions about building a treehouse.