Nototodarus sloanii is known only from waters surrounding New Zealand.
A Nototodarus with ...
- more than 120 suckers on each arm I.
- hectocotylization of right arm IV distinctive.
- Hectocotylus Click on an image to view larger version & data in a new window
Figure. Hecctocotylization of the right arm IV of N. sloanii.
As in other members of the genus, the right arm IV is more heavily hectocotylized. In N. sloanii this arm has (after Dunning and Förch, 1998:
The "expanded ventral membrane with supports" present only at extreme end of the arm.
- Only one series of slender, conical, ventral supports distally. (see Nototodarus page for comparison of species).
DistributionN. sloanii has a very restricted distribution around and near parts of New Zealand. A map of its distribution can be seen here.
About This Page
Page copyright © 2016
All Rights Reserved.
- First online 04 November 2015
- Content changed 04 November 2015
Citing this page:
Tree of Life Web Project. 2015. Nototodarus sloanii http://tolweb.org/Nototodarus_sloanii/77451/2015.11.04 in The Tree of Life Web Project, http://tolweb.org/. Version 04 November 2015 (temporary).