Pig-Nosed Frog, Purple Frog
Other Names for Nasikabatrachus sahyadrensis
- Vernacular Names: Pig-Nosed Frog, Purple Frog
Biju, S. D. and F. Bossuyt. 2003. New frog family from India reveals an ancient biogeographical link with the Seychelles. Nature 425(6959):711-714.
Hedges, S. B. 2003. The coelacanth of frogs. 425(6959):669-670.
Information on the Internet
- Nasikabatrachus sahyadrensis. AmphibiaWeb.
- NASIKABATRACHUS: a frog as evidence of continental drift? CSI Science Actualités.
- Frog Discovery Is "Once in a Century". National Geographic.
- Purple frog delights scientists. BBC News.
About This Page
Page copyright © 2008
Page: Tree of Life Nasikabatrachidae. Nasikabatrachus sahyadrensis. Pig-Nosed Frog, Purple Frog. The TEXT of this page is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial License - Version 3.0. Note that images and other media featured on this page are each governed by their own license, and they may or may not be available for reuse. Click on an image or a media link to access the media data window, which provides the relevant licensing information. For the general terms and conditions of ToL material reuse and redistribution, please see the Tree of Life Copyright Policies.
- First online 20 December 2008
- Content changed 20 December 2008
Citing this page:
Tree of Life Web Project. 2008. Nasikabatrachidae. Nasikabatrachus sahyadrensis. Pig-Nosed Frog, Purple Frog. Version 20 December 2008 (temporary). http://tolweb.org/Nasikabatrachus_sahyadrensis/43176/2008.12.20 in The Tree of Life Web Project, http://tolweb.org/