About ToL Learning
It is our goal to improve both the content and functionality of the ToL, so that diverse visitors to the ToL web site will be inspired to embark on a journey of exploration, tracing the distribution of characteristics across the branches of the Tree of Life and pondering the forces that may have shaped the observed diversity of living things.
The About ToL Learning section includes:
- Four Ways of Learning
- The ToL provides four different ways of interacting with ToL learning resources, from the least interactive (browsing) to the most interactive (becoming a treehouse builder and creating ToL treehouse web pages). This page guides you through resources for each type of interaction.
- ToL Features for Learners
- We are currently developing a variety of new features for the ToL web site that will greatly improve the experience of visitors who are not professional biologist or advanced students. The ToL Features page explains features you can use now and others that we are in the process of developing.
- ToL Internships
- View ToL internship opportunities.
- ToL Workshops
- Find out about upcoming workshops.
For information about how the ToL Learning project began and the National Science Digital Library grant that is supporting our efforts please see ToL Learning.